Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Summer Fun




Over the 4th of July Morgan and I went camping for the first time of the year! We went with his brother Jason, sis-in-law Michele, nephew Mason, and his mom Pam.


We went into the mountains above Richfield. I had never been camping there before, and it was absolutely breathtaking. The evergreens were lush and full, their were wild flowers growing everywhere and a creek ran right next to the camp spot. There were not a lot of people there which was great. I love getting away, and camping as far from people as I can so it was perfect. Morgan, Jason, and I went on a 5 mile hike to the summit. It was cool when we started, but I quickly got really hot and had to take off all my extra layers. once we got to the top there was quite a bit of snow and the wind was really high so I put my winter coat back on. The view was amazing, I felt like I was on top of the world! That night it started storming with rain and hail so hard we all hid under the tent for a while. By the time it stopped, everything was completely soaked so we decided we needed to pack up and go before it started again. We would've stayed, but we couldn't make a fire so we would all freeze! Other than that, it was a great start to the summer!

No comments: